Dr. J. Matthew Huculak
Department of English
University of Victoria
PO Box 3070, STN CSC
Victoria, BC, V8W 3W1, CANADA
- Ph.D. The University of Tulsa, 2009
- M.A. McGill University, 2002
- A.B. University of California at Davis, 1997
- 2013- Limited Term Assistant Professor, The University of Victoria
- 2012- Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Victoria
- 2010-11 Adjunct Professor, Dalhousie University
- 2009 Adjunct Professor, The University of Tulsa
HONOURS, AWARDS, GRANTS
- 2013 Postdoctoral Fellowship, The University of Victoria Special Collections & The Modernist Versions Project
- 2013 Digital Humanities Summer Institute Scholarship
- 2012 Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Partnership Development Grant ($200,000.00)
- 2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship, The Modernist Versions Project
- 2010 Postdoctoral Fellowship, Editing Modernism in Canada
- 2009 Postdoctoral Fellowship, The University of Tulsa
- 2008 Bellwether Dissertation Fellowship, The University of Tulsa
- 2007 Excellence in Teaching Award, The University of Tulsa
- 2005 Chapman Graduate Scholar Presentation Award, The University of Tulsa
- 2004 Phi Kappa Phi
- 2004 Distinguished Ph.D. Award, The University of Tulsa
- 2001 International Student Bursary, McGill University
- 1997 Bursary to attend the W. B. Yeats International Summer School
Refereed Chapters and Articles
“Ford Madox Ford, Editor.” Ashgate Research Companion to Ford Madox Ford. Eds. Seaumus O’Malley, Sara Haslam, Laura Columbino. Forthcoming.
Huculak, J. Matthew and Leonard Diepeveen. “Ezra Pound and Difficulty.” Approaches to Teaching Ezra Pound’s Poetry and Prose. Eds. Demetres Tryphonopoulos and Ira Nadel. Modern Language Association. (2014).
“The London Mercury and the Other Moderns.” The Oxford Critical and Cultural History of Modernist Magazines, Volume 1: Britain and Ireland 1880-1945. Eds. Peter Brooker and Andrew Thacker. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009. 240-259. Print.
“Meddling Middlebrows: Virginia Woolf and the London Mercury.” Virginia Woolf Miscellany, 76.1 (2009): 16-18. Print.
“Song from San Francisco: Space, Time and Character in Eudora Welty’s ‘Music from Spain.’” Mississippi Quarterly 59.2 (2006): 313-328. Print.